Sunday, March 6, 2011

Me, Version 3.0

Lately I am finding I can do things I never thought I could....or would.

I'd already mastered the "going out to eat/going to the movies" alone thing and felt very grown-up being able to say that. Sometimes I actually prefer it that way.

But when it came to fixing things, taking on larger tasks on my own, I didn't have any confidence in myself. Partly because I never had to before but also, I doubted I could succeed in something as silly as putting together a piece of simple furniture.

In the past week I have: constructed a 5 shelf unit for my bedroom, a toy organizer for Berlyn, fixed my virus-ridden (bleeping bleep bleep) laptop and set-up my own Wii and printer.

Okay, so, not a big deal I know. But to me  -it is. I feel so accomplished, independent and pretty much invincible. It's a nice feeling. So what if I can't cook - that's what restaurants are for. And tires? That's what men were invented for (KIDDING!).

All in all - it's safe to say this girl is now a full-fledged, self-sufficient single momma and I am tickled about it.

Now, if I could only learn to sew on a button...... =)

No comments: