Friday, February 25, 2011

Gratitude

I envisioned 2011 as being the most productive year of my life. I thought, I have my head on straight (finally) and nothing is gonna hurt me, stop me, bother me, stray me.....yet, life happens. {see my previous post on bad luck.}

And still, I am motorin' along. I can't even express or describe to you how tired and drained I am, 24/7. Not just physically, but, mentally as well. My typical day consists of 9-11 hours of work, full time parenting, full time probation, full time school and then - I am supposed to sleep, eat, read, socialize and relax somewhere in there.
I had a conversation with my Mom today and I went off on a tangent about how I wished I had a magic wand, I had 10 extra hours in the day, I could clone myself, blah blah blah. We've all dreamed of it. Wouldn't it be nice? We could get everything done. We would be productive and organized. We'd feel accomplished.
What I feel like most days? Exhausted, lonely, delirious from lack of sleep, boring and like a damn dog chasing it's tail. I can't seem to catch up. The daily grind makes me feel like I am not making any progress, but, truth is - I am.

I love (LOVE) my job. I am passionate about learning and the subject of psychology never ceases to amaze, intrigue and fascinate me. My instructors and classmates are so generous and kind with their words of praise. Being around Berlyn is a constant joy and I laugh every single day. I have so many people who are reaching out to me, supporting me, and loving me that I feel about to explode from happiness. My FB, email, texts and daily encounters with the people in my life reassure me that I am on the right path - everyone (you all) have been so good to me and I can't thank you enough.

You get what you give and after all the years of loving and caring for people so much it made my heart hurt, I am now getting it in return.

Thank you, everyone. Your support and love just makes me want to be a better person. And I am a better person because I have all of you ♥

1 comment:

Ninjagaiden78 said...

I too wish there was more hours in a day. So much to accomplish, so little time. I admit that I do need to manage my time a little bit better. I am a procrastinator though, but I am working on that.

Sounds like you have a lot of love around you. That is a good thing.

windowshopz.com