Friday, November 25, 2011

Now, I want to puke...

There are very few things in this world that disgust me. Rap-metal aside, I can stomach just about anything. And when I mean anything, I mean...I can watch back to back Tarantino, Rob Zombie and Hostel movies like they are Care Bear movies.
Watching TV the other day with my 4 year old, a commercial aired that had me kind of grossed out.

"Creepy Crawlers Incredible Edibles."

Among the many great features, you can create "disgusting and delicious body parts like slimy and gooey brains, hearts, eyeballs and more!" And also, "gross out your friends and family as you slurp and gulp down your hideous creations!!"

No shit.

Mission acomplished, Mattel. And what's funnier, these are sold at Toys R Us. Guess the ouija boards weren't selling like hotcakes anymore.

Am I a conservative mother? Ha! Hardly. Obviously, I understand this is a toy. But, really?
I just cannot, for the LIFE of me, understand why children would want to eat body parts -- gummy or not. Why not just stick to the old time favorite (while still grossing people out) and just pick your nose?

No comments: