Saturday, October 30, 2010

The Next Chapter

A few things have been racing through my mind lately and I thought, why not share? =)

I'm really starting to feel that the "end of an era" is here for me.

I turn 31 in a few weeks *yikes* and I have gotten into the groove of my new life: raising my daughter, being single, going to school full time and spending more time with family instead of friends. Ten years ago I only cared about boys and concerts. Ha!
I have had a lot of wild times, tragedy dark and light times the last 30 years. I don't regret things I've done or choices I made, I just continue to move on to the next part of my life. I try to learn what I can. And, this next chapter I feel is going to be rather important.

While a lot of my peers are getting married, having babies, buying a home, new car or getting a dream job, I sometimes feel very envious. And, left out. I think it's human nature to wonder "Why not me?" a lot of times but it's all in how you look at it. Every one has a different path, meant for specific purposes. Some of us have our priorities in a different order. And, it's all about choices we make.

For myself, I view this next chapter as the one where I set into motion the life I want for Berlyn & I. I am focused on school, Berlyn and myself. I don't have time or the interest to focus on a man or buying a home or anything else. There is plenty of time for that later. And, I feel it will be much more appreciated if it comes once I feel I have my life together.

One thing I have recently decided to do, I got the inspiration from a fellow FB and Twitter friend who is a single mom and going to school. She has started her own "project" in which she does things to empower herself and make her life better. The one that stood out to me the most was her "To Do List" - compiling and implementing a list of all the things you've neglected doing, put off or ignored but need to be done. For me, this list is already pretty big. *gulp* Phone calls, household errands, assignments, etc. You get the picture.

On a side note, I have been experiencing "the blues" as of late. Mainly triggered by the holidays and all these fun events going on. I sometimes feel like my invitation has gotten lost in the mail but I know it's not intentional. Usually anyways. I guess it's time to start my own traditions. =)

At the end of the day, I always reflect on how I'm feeling and I always come back to two things: "I am blessed" and "I can do more."

3 comments:

starwood said...

I love your ending to this blog and your day "I am blessed and I can do more." What a great ending to my day, too, and I'm way past 30 :)
thanks, Sarah!

Kori said...

You are so blessed and are so lucky to have Berlyn. I often share your thoughts, but don't even have children! Kori xoxo

Olive Owl said...

You are on your way to creating the life that you want. Every day you're one step closer.
xoxoxo