Friday, October 29, 2010

30 Days of Truth: Day Nine

Day 09 → Someone you didn’t want to let go, but just drifted.

Hmmm. I am of the thought that if someone isn't in your life anymore, there was a good reason. I still hold that belief but it doesn't mean it hurts any less when someone drifts away. Unless, they made your life hell and in that case, sayonara!

I'd be safe to say there are 1 or 2 of my ex boyfriends that I wish things had worked out with. But, it obviously wasn't in the cards. And I learned a lot from those mistakes. I also learned what I really want in a partner and not to settle for anything less. As far as friends go, I could say the same. You learn what traits in other people mesh with you or don't. Life is much too short to spend it on or with people that make you unhappy.

I have experienced a few friendships that ended because of drifting, over time. But, with the help of Facebook, I've actually re-kindled some of those and it's been really cool. We remember all the fun we used to have and can be friends now, at this point in our lives.

Moral of the story? Friendships and relationships take WORK, from both sides. If one side isn't giving as much as they are getting, maybe it's time to move on.

No comments: