Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Survey Says

Saw a survey just like this over on another blog – and felt like it would be fun to do. It’s been awhile since I’ve done any sort of “survey.”

1. What word or phrase would you like to see banished from our everyday vocabulary in 2011?

I overuse a lot of words – “like”, “totally”, “Omg” – I am pretty much a walking Valley girl. So – not those ones.
The words I can’t stand? Basically any of the negative/sexist words for women that we try to pass off as “liberating” and “funny” – they aren’t. These would include: slut, whore, bitch, etc. Why do grown woman call each other these names, even for fun? It baffles me. Oh, and talking like a “gangsta”. Um – please stop.

2. Do you consider opportunity something that comes to you or something you create for yourself?

It most definitely is both. Certain opportunities present themselves to you if you are on the right path or even, seeking them out. But for the most part, I think we create it. We are always in control of what happens to us. Unless of course you’re talking about an earthquake or the Apocalypse.

3. Since we’re all eating healthy this month, ahem, what’s included in your favorite salad? Is there dressing?

Not much of a salad fan. (Although, I could easily consume an entire bottle of Blue Cheese if I had too.) When I eat “healthy” it consists of my buddies Slim-Fast, Special K and Lean Cuisine. It’s the only sure-fire way I ever lose weight.

4. Do you get the blues this time of year and if so what is something you do to lift your spirits?

Nope, not really. Although I hate hate hate the cold. I am a true weather snob because I was blessed with being raised in Southern California and I was spoiled with 70-ish degree weather all the time.

Besides the weather, I always feel vastly motivated in the first few months of the year – mainly in anticipation of what’s to come. And this year – it is gonna be FABULOUS!!!

5. Do you wear a watch? Any other everyday jewelry essentials?

I wear close to zero amounts of jewelry. Usually only small diamond studs in my ears. And there is a reason I don’t wear anything else – long ago I had “borrowed” a bunch of my mom’s rings and was wearing one on each finger. I boarded a Downtown LA bus one day (gross!) and got my hand caught between the seat and the wall – I think I had dropped something? Anyways, when I pulled my hand back up, all the rings came off and were lost forever in the dirty bus’ vortex somewhere beneath the seat. And it was my stop – so I left them there. Only later did I found out, some of the rings were irreplaceable. So, I don’t wear things I can lose. God help me when (and if) I get married!

6. What is something useful you learned in high school?

I learned how to form my ideals, beliefs and opinions and not let others sway me. I learned that those snotty, immature, mean girls are going to grow up and have a crappy life. (Well, if karma is kind, they will. Haha. Kidding.) And I learned to be myself and realize that people will always be mean, judgemental and ignorant. School is a great precursor to the real world. Oh, and that math crap? You never use it. Trust me, I do accounting and you don’t.

7. Do you use an accountant when completing and filing your income tax returns or do you attempt to muddle through all by yourself?

Speaking of accounting. I do it all by myself. It’s so easy….and so liberating!

8. Insert your own random thought here-

Just one? Okay – right now – I am having the most difficult time being PATIENT. God! I feel like I am about to jump out of my skin, I am on pins and needles about 3 different things. I hate waiting. I just want a f&(*ing answer – now!

(Update: I got one answer yesterday. And it was a good one.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i agree that "totally", "like" and "omg" should not be removed in one's vocabulary, haha yay to us valley girl!