Saturday, March 12, 2011

Looking Forward

This year has been very odd to me already.

I had all sorts of plans and felt I could take on everything. And by everything, I mean - job, school, motherhood and many personal goals that have been on the back burner for far too long.

But I am only one person. And sometimes too much is well, too much. I learned this the hard way (like I do everything else.)

Thankfully, I have an amazing support system and the opportunity to still change some things up. It's only March so I seriously need to stop being so hard on myself, lol.

Every one of us needs to stop feeling pressure to please others all the time or having too high of expectations. We are all guilty of that. It's not that we aren't capable of certain things - we just need to know our limits as human beings. Balance is super important and gets lost in the shuffle more often than not.

Forgoing sleep, time for ourselves or being social seems doable but in reality - it isn't.

I hope everyone can re-focus if they are feeling overwhelmed by life. Make a list - a realistic one - and recognize where you need to improve but also, where you need to let go or relax. I know doing this has really opened my eyes and now, I can move forward towards my (many) goals in a calm and feasible manner.

Much love to you all! ♥

2 comments:

Ninjagaiden78 said...

I liked post. We need to realize that we cannot please everyone and have to life for ourselves. It is not that we are selfish, it is just that not everyone will be satisfied.

windowshopz.com

And all that jazz said...

So very true, my friend =) Thanks for the comment.