Wednesday, November 10, 2010

10 Things

10 Things I really, really like:

1. The time I spend with Berlyn.
I've been staying at home full-time for about 2 months now, in the hopes that I could focus more on my studies. I have gotten so much more done (and better grades!) but I've also formed this unbreakable bond with my little girl and I treasure every minute I get to spend with her. Even the hair-pulling ones. And the ones full of tears and....poop.

2. My love/hate relationship with school.
I had my doubts. But then I felt like I was doing the right thing. And then I wanted to strangle my instructors. But I could see the bigger picture. Although it seemed like too much work. In the end, I enjoy being a student and working towards my ultimate goal(s). See? I'm a little indecisive about it all.














 3. "The Language of Letting Go" by Melody Beattie.
Best book I've ever read. It has helped me more than just about anything. I urge anyone who has ever had any kind of conflict or pain in their lives (and, who the hell hasn't? Unless you're an alien or something)...READ THIS.






















4. Cats in sweaters.
(no comment necessary.)






















5. Victor Webster.
(again...no comment necessary. Well, I take that back. He could change my mind about having more kids.)






















6.  My new found self-confidence and assertiveness.
Basically. Not being a doormat any longer. I am not afraid to use my voice. Or, keep it quiet when it's pointless to answer an idiotic remark.

















7. The sweet, encouraging comments, texts or emails I get from friends.
They are not as frequent as they used to be, but they now hold much more significance.

8. The Moon and the night sky.
I have been a night owl forever. But recently I have this crazy, unstoppable need to go outside every. single. night and stare at the moon...and stars. It leaves me with a sense of calm and hope.















9. Being Single.
Yes, I get lonely and sometimes envious of others. But I genuinely like my freedom. And I like being my own person. I believe in true love but I also believe in maintaining your own identity. Marriage seems a bit wonky to me. I am conflicted.  And I'm single by choice, not because I can't get a date. Trust me =)

10. Psychology.
What can I say? I picked the perfect major. Everything about it makes me excited. It has turned me into a true nerd. a screaming little 13 year old girl and I couldn't be more pleased.

No comments: