Monday, February 14, 2011

V-Day.

Valentine's Day for a single woman is pretty much miserable. It does nothing but throw in your face the fact that you are alone, no one wants you and you might be destined to die....alone.

With that being said, I no longer fear this holiday. I believe that one day I will have a man in my life who will love and care for me and might even take me to dinner.

But until then, I see Valentine's as a day to express and receive love. Period. That's it. Love is the greatest (free) gift in the entire world.

My Valentine this year? My girl, Berlyn. She wished me a "happy valentine's day, Mommy" about 5 times today and every time it made me feel so very lucky and like my heart was going to explode.

{Getting all the texts from friends today was wonderful too. I have some amazing people in my life. I love you guys.}

Tell the people you love in your life just HOW much you love them today. And well, every day. Life is too short.

XOXO!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

beautiful photo of you and baby b! i'm glad that you no longer fear this day. single or not, i haven't really been into making vday a big deal, at least not after my mid-twenties. last year, bf and i went on a road trip with 9 other friends for vday weekend and we were the only couple. nothing wrong with that, some of them couldn't understand, but we were like, "how is this different than any other weekend?" damn straight. and yes, you will find the one.