Monday, October 25, 2010

I'm not above bribery.

This is strictly a "mom" post so bear with me you "non moms" out there. I know how annoying these posts can be, I remember the days of no kids.

But, I need to brag for just one moment....my 3 1/2 year old has finally conquered the elusive "No diaper wearing" title!! YAY! Basically, I'm being selfish. I hate changing diapers almost as much as I hate buying them. Now, I no longer have to!

Yesterday, after months of coaxing, pleading, begging and tempting my girl to use the big girl potty, she finally did it. And, I am not ashamed to say, it was all based on bribery. A friend of mine gave me a giant chocolate bunny a while back and I had decided to use it as "bait" for Berlyn. If she did a #2, the bunny was all hers.

She finally realized how much she wanted that damn bunny!

I am so proud. Almost as proud as when she no longer drank from the bottle, or the first time she cried at the "Twin Peaks" theme song, or said her first curse word. My little one is growing up =)

No comments: