Tuesday, October 26, 2010

30 Days of Truth: Day Five


Day 05 → Something you hope to do in your life.

Wow. This one could go so many different directions.
I hope to do MANY things in my lifetime. Be a fantastic mother, explore the World, go on adventures, write a novel, marry a rock star (*snicker*), live each day to the fullest. But, the main one...the one I can't NOT do one day is to become a social worker. Which, in layman's terms means, to help others.

My life is meant for something in the sociology/psychology field. I've felt it forever. It dates back to my teen years, when I was a runaway. I was conflicted and feeling like an outcast and I had nowhere to turn, no one to talk to. I always envisioned how great it would be for someone to HELP me and lead me through the tough times.
Add to that, all the hurt and injustice I see in the world around me. My empathetic nature is custom built for Social Work. And, it is something that (sadly) will always be needed in our society.


No comments: