Saturday, October 11, 2008

ScarlettJo likes him too, so he must be cool!


(I wrote this blog in September of 2007; thought I would RE-post it here :).....


Thursday, September 27, 2007
A Tom Waits morning... Current mood: amused
Just as an example of my "twisted sense of humor"...this morning I listened to this song by Tom Waits & it made me chuckle. Yes...I said CHUCKLE. Read it.
***************************************
FRANK'S WILD YEARS: by Tom Waits

Well Frank settled down in the Valley and hung his wild years on a nail that he drove through his wife's forehead he sold used office furniture out there on San Fernando Road and assumed a $30,000 loan at 15 1/4 % and put down payment on a little two bedroom place his wife was a spent piece of used jet trashm ade good bloody mary's kept her mouth shut most of the time had a little Chihuahua named Carlos that had some kind of skin disease and was totally blind. They had a thoroughly modern kitchen self-cleaning oven (the whole bit)Frank drove a little sedan they were so happy. One night Frank was on his way home from work, stopped at the liquor store,picked up a couple Mickey's Big Mouths drank 'em in the car on his way to the Shell station, he got a gallon of gas in a can, drove home, doused everything in the house, torched it,parked across the street, laughing,watching it burn, all Halloween orange and chimney red then Frank put on a top forty station got on the Hollywood Freeway headed north Never could stand that dog.
************************************************
On a side note, I have a funny "story" about Tom Waits...if you've never heard his music, you are missing out. It is truly "indescribable" and unique. Kinda scary. But anyways, several years ago...I bought his Greatest Hits cd. Anyone that knows me knows my habit of buying CDs, but never actually listening to them. So, one night in my room, I had my 5 disc player on "shuffle"...it was quiet, then all of a sudden this unearthly, scratchy, positively EVIL sounding voice started to sing & moan horrible, horrific lyrics...I seriously thought, "MY FUCKING RADIO IS POSSESSED BY THE DEVIL.'".
No, it was just my Tom Waits cd.....phew!
LOL!
To further show why Tom Waits scared the be-jesus outta me, here is another song of his...read the lyrics carefully....maybe then you'll understand.

THE BLACK RIDER by: Tom Waits
Come on a long with the Black Rider
We'll have a gay old time
Lay down in the web of the black spider
I'll drink your blood like wine
So come on in
It ain't no sin
Take off your skin
And dance around your bones
So come along with the Black Rider
We'll have a gay old time
Anchors away with the Black Rider
I'll drink your blood like wine
I'll drop you off in Harlem with the Black Rider
Out where the bullets shine
And when you're done
You cock your gun
The blood will run
Like ribbons in your hair
So come along wit the Black Rider
We'll have a gay old time
The Black Rider on along with the Black Rider
I've got just the thing for thee
Come on along with the Black Rider
I want your company
I'll have the veal
A lovely meal
That's how I feel
May I use your skull for a bowl?
Come on along with the Black Rider
We'll have a gay old time

No comments: