Monday, November 29, 2010

Transition(ing)

When I started my blog in October 2008, it began as a sort of "journal" if you will. I am equal parts "fluffy/light-hearted and deep/introspective" like my tag line says. Originally I felt like I didn't need to hold back on personal feelings and opinions but then, drama ensued. I felt that a lot of the wrong people were viewing what I wrote and misunderstanding, twisting or even judging everything I blogged about. So, I stopped. I let my love of vintage and the 40's and 50's take over because I have always found peace there. It was something easy to focus on and made me happy. But lately, I feel the need to be introspective again. It is who I am, at my core. I fight against it and yet I can't. I am a person who thinks (and analyzes) about everything. EVERYTHING. And now that I am in my 30's and have endured a lot of the hard knocks of life, I feel like I have every right to express whatever I want to. If you don't like what I write, then simply don't look. That's pretty much my view on most anything.

With that being said, I want to be able to explore and grow and evolve, as I (Sarah) should. This means I can no longer hold back what I am passionate about or feel I must say. Of course, I understand what it means to be tactful and I am working very diligently at it. But again, we are who we are. And I wouldn't expect anyone else to compromise themselves either. We have that right, each and every one of us, to practice freedom of speech and expression.

Blogging should be a freeing, liberating, emotional and personal experience. We all hope that someone, somewhere gets what we are saying and makes us feel that we are not alone. That's my purpose here and I intend to follow through.

I admit, the last few (well, 20) years of my life have been chaotic, at best. I don't want this anymore. I am fighting against it, tooth and nail. No one's life should be constant turmoil, pain and depression. Not even my worst enemy (but, I don't have any.) Basically, happiness is a right we should all have and so is inner peace.

Maybe we can all practice in being more open-minded, understanding, friendly, and human. That's my biggest wish.

1 comment:

Ninjagaiden78 said...

I like your blog. I gave you a shout out on mine.

windowshopz.com