Saturday, January 16, 2010

Welcome 2010! ♥

I have to say, I wasn't expecting my New Year to start off as well as it has. After all, I spent this NYE by myself, watching "Inglorious Basterds"...lol.

And, as my loved ones know, last year was, quite literally, Hell on Earth. But, I'm over it now. Moving on! :O

*I am about to be a full-time student. Paid for, completely by financial aid. I am giddy with excitement over being a STUDENT. So funny! I can't wait to study, to sit and take notes, to be graded and to learn. I never thought I'd live to see the day I'd say/type those words. Haha...never say never.

*I paid off my car after 5 YEARS last month. Ahhhh...freedom :) Now, time to start saving for that Corvette!

*I somehow landed the BEST job I have ever had....in a Women's Clinic in downtown Boise and I couldn't be happier to go to work each day. I work with some *amazing* people and, for the 1st time ever, I feel like my job actually, you know, matters :)

*I have also been on the mission to make amends and pay my debts. Nothing feels better than putting all those past "demons" to rest and making PEACE with everything and everyone.

*I am filled with a sense of empowerment over my life now. I have quit smoking. I have quit drinking alcohol. I have quit letting mean, nasty people "get to me" as I've always done. I've just learned to turn the other cheek. And, I've been able to l-e-t g-o of some issues that have bothered me for many, many years.

*I am loving being a Mom...more than ever. My baby is 2 1/2 now, she is the love of my lifetime and being a Mother is, and always will be, the greatest thing that's ever happened to me.

*And, I am thankfully, happily, single. After all my failed relationships, and, all the problems I see others have in their relationships, I am just happy to be alone. Maybe someday that will change. Or, maybe not. Whatever happens, I have plenty to keep me occupied without having to have a man to make me feel "complete." {Don't get me wrong...men are great! :)}

I ♥ 2010. Lots. I hope it continues to be this good. And, I hope all of YOUR New Year's are starting off just as well! :) Much Love!

2 comments:

Olive Owl said...

awesome, Sarah!
xoxox

Miss Go Lightly said...

Congrats Sarah, I'm so happy for you =)Onward and Upward!