Tuesday, December 1, 2009

What Brought this On?!

Many of you have probably noticed through this blog (and my Facebook, and my MySpace, and my Twitter....) that, all of a sudden, I am supporting causes, being an activist, and dedicating myself (and, my time and energy) to multiple organizations.
This has been a long time coming.
It is who I've always been. But, recently I've tapped into it full force and I feel this unstoppable drive to be heard and go forward.

Right around my 30th birthday (which was just last week), everything came together for me.

All those massive questions we all ask ourselves, "What do I want to do with my life?", "What drives me?", "What inspires me?", "What do I wish my legacy to be?". Those questions screamed at me, louder than ever before. I realized how much time/energy/tears/heartache I've wasted on trivial things. Getting wrapped up in: gossip, superficial things, and things that were not important at all. It was a culmination of several things that brought me to this point. Pain, love, hope. The past, the present and the future. The need to feel that life had a purpose. The realization of how many years I have wasted, just existing and never doing.

I've had the heart of an "activist" my whole life. I think deeply, I feel deeply, I love deeply. And, I have the personal experiences to fuel my desire.

What could make you feel more productive and better about yourself, than to help others???
It is so simple yet so many of us don't go outside our comfort zone and do what we have the potential to really do.

2 comments:

Kori said...

Good for you honey! I'm proud of you! Kori xoxo

Jessica said...

Well much congratulations to you for standing up and doing things that you truly believe in. The world needs some "fighters" like you around!