Friday, October 16, 2009

Feel Good Friday...and Familiar Quotations

I bought this book many years ago, at a thrift shop. I am reading it, finally. And finding some great little quips I wanted to share:



"Have you come to the Red Sea place in your life,
Where, in spite of all you can do,
There is no way out, there is no way back,
There is no other way but through?"
-Annie Johnson Flint "At the Place of the Sea"

"Now-a-days we are all of us so hard up, that the only pleasant things to pay are compliments. They're the only things we can pay."
-Oscar Wilde, "Lady Windermere's Fan"

"The Promised Land always lies on the other side of a wilderness."
-Havelock Ellis, "The Dance of Life"

"I am bigger than anything that can happen to me. All these things, sorrow, misfortune and suffering;
are outside my door. I am in the house and I have the key."
- Charles Fletcher Lummis, "Epigram"

"Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves."
-James Matthew Barrie, "A Window in Thrums"

"Our minds are finite, and yet, even in these circumstances of finitude we are surrounded by possibilities that are infinite. And the purpose of human life is to grasp as much as we can out of that infinitude."
-Alfred North Whitehead, "Adventures of Ideas"

"To have - to hold...and in time, let go!"
-Laurence Hope, "The Teak Forest"

No comments: